Ubuntu, the Linux distribution is going for a major revamp with the new release touted for April – Lucid Lynx. They are giving up the brown – yes , you heard it right . They are replacing the base theme from Human to “Light”. The move , which was highlighted in the Alpha 3 ( I suppose ) should be their answer to the long prevailing outcry “ Out of all the colors , why Brown ? “. But , being used to it from a while , I am rather ok with brown – seems a little more human 😉
But the new logo which they have published has had some issues in the internet world which made comments which Mark or Matt Asay would never have thought about- Racism . It is too heavy a topic for me to dwell into. Some are claiming it as the narrow-mindedness that many people have about these stuff and as an attempt to deface the move. Canonical was already under fire over their switch from Google to Yahoo as the default search engine in their next release. Coming to think of it Lucid Lynx ends up being very important for many reasons. LTS (Long Term Support) – will be supported till next LTS comes in and updates will be available without any issue.
- Rebranded Ubuntu – https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand
- Search engine from G to Y!
- Matt Asay as the new COO.
- v Ubuntu Music centre with 7digital integrated to Rhythmbox.
- Iphone and Ipod touch working without tweaking, without jailbreaking, without patching – with Nautilus and Rythmbox. ( Already working in Alpha 3 as I heard ) – That’s a good one 😉
Edit : Forgot to add this one. Shuttleworth was approached by the LXDE team earlier last year with a proposition of adding a light weight Ubuntu ( Xubuntu is a waste – though its called light weight ) and it seems to have materiliased since the repos already have a “lxde-desktop” added. I tried the same and found it awesomely fast .
I didn’t like one thing though – the default GNOME network manager gets replaced by LXDE one . ( not sure of the name though ) – Could be purged and gnome network manager can be added without much issue. But I didn’t like the default behavior.
have never ever come to terms with seting aside a day to celebrate things in your life other than some festivals or your birthday.The word women , to me at-least , means warmth – a mother’s , a sister’s , a lover’s LOVE. Why do you need just a single day to recognize it and celebrate it? – I know the counter-arguments to it – ” Like we do celebrate or recognize even if the day is set aside for it “.Still , look around and pass a smile if you can’t really go verbal about it.
Happy Women’s day
It’s been a while i have written something over this space. Not that I didn’t get any time for it. Just being plain lazy.Life remains monotonous other than for a few moments where you are elated or dismayed due to a reason or another.
- Tried Lubuntu-desktop over the gnome installation and found it to be faster as they say . Xubuntu sucks to be honest. Too many of *buntu’s to choose from.
- Removed Windows for good after some thought. Yes , I do have the privilege of 7 running in another machine which is used only for syncing my Iphone and running that wretched software of Apple’s called iTunes.
- Valentine’s day is over and our old friend Muthalik was back making special appearance at some places. My question towards both the lovers and Muthalik – Why one day ? 😉
- My i(Phone & Pod) are getting fast filled with high quality podcasts than songs.If you see me laughing over nothing with the earphones plugged in – be sure I am listening to Fab & Dan. They are Effing Awesome.
- Downloading a lot of free songs from Jamendo these days as the quality of songs has been on the higher side . If you love the service , do drop a dime – Though they aren’t pleading for donation ( even when they need it – seems stupid )
- Hathway seems to have decided not to restore ESPN & Star Sports to their channel list .They will have some angry customers. I have been knocking the door ( well, breaking would be the apt word ) of the local Hathway customer service and they are blurting one thing only – ” One more week sir. Committe meeting . New Packages – Surely sports channel included “. Guess I need another service.
- Standing at a total weight loss of 32.5 kg after an year ( not the best ones if you ask me ).
- iPad – Why Jobs? Why ?
- Pros of taking a call which you know is from a customer care number – Airtel upped my broadband speed to 1Mbps for an added 100Rs into my account .I don’t see the catch till now.
Been like what — half an year now sine i came here 😉 ..
Well ..I dunno how to start again and so thinks its better as if i have been writing even yesterday and that I am just continuing like another twitter post !.. God ..So many people have joined twitter .. and some blame it for not allowing more than 140 chars ..
1.Most of Indian techno crowd don’t see a difference between a netbook and a notebook/laptop for that matter. And many a firms are exploiting it .
2.The new rule from RBI landed me in trouble when i booked a ticket online in PVR . The way the booking works in PVR , you are required to swipe the card to get the tickets booked against the card . I was sure something ugly is going to happen. As i expected , “ No Bookings found for this card “ . Approached the PVR admin there – Alan ( I suppose ) — and he was quick to admit the flaw and said they are looking into it. And thanked for pointing it out when he understood the situation . Lesson learnt : Book using your debit card / if you have to use your CC , be sure to reach the cinemas atleast 30 mins before so you can avoid the hassle 😉
3.Left Orkut !
4.Been using twitter client on Iphone ( Twitterific) for nearly a year now. And the last few months saw a huge shift of number into twitter among the faces i recognize through internet.
5.The Iphone is still alive though i still wonder how much more it can take in my hands
6.Been getting marriage invitations like pamphlets for that new restaurant which opened near your house. Having said that , any one staying near to HAL , there is an Onam special festival in Malgudi till Sept 6th
7.Terry & Lamp gave a scare nearing the start of the season. The new formation is a bit confusing to all , as the pundits say . Saw a screamer of a goal from the Cote’ De Ivoire Captain against Hull ( was it Hull ? ) at the 92nd min
8.The giants from Anfield have already lost two !.. What the heck
9.Alienware starts @ 1.49 lacs ( my b’day is nearing . Any one wanna present ? )
10.Running only Ubuntu now. The only problem is with importing songs to my Iphone. Using sis’s lappie for it 😦 .
Lost hope (.)
It’s a daily routine for us couple of friends to have a cuppa around 11:30 everyday and today was no different. Me and Anil were contemplating on our fate and the way we were getting paid and similar stuff. We certainly did a round of blame on all our supervisors and managers and the others in the heirarchy in the organization. ” Oye , Wo rassi dekhna thoda ” . The voice was a bit bleak and only then we realised that we were standing on a piece of rope which was heading out into the air , towards the outside portion of the building. What could this be now ?.
After a few minutes there emerges a hand followed by a lean body with a shirt which was literally torn and had paint all over it. The condition of his trousers were no less pathetic. We understood his name was Ram as he was being called so by his friend who was helping him with the rope. He gets off the slightly projected portion of the building and stands there for a sec or two , basking the glory of the sun above him though the cold breezes surely hit his diminuitive figure. He is one step away from falling into the ground. As we stare at him with amazement he smiles at us and moves on to untie the rope that was held on to a metal pipe- his only resort to safety.
Its 2:30 pm and we had our lunch and we went to the same place where we could easily see half of bangalore as if we watching some business presentations – bar graphs and similar sort. 😉 . A voice calls out . A voice that’s familiar and we look around and we see the rope lying a bit away from where it was earlier. He has moved on to the next portion of the building.In that situation , thinking of that kid in the blazing sun with a small rope as his safety measure was too much for both of us. And we feel we are in a fix while sitting in that chair of ours discussing about new policies or new trackers we need to fill . I started feel these words echoing ” Count your blessings “.
Blues dissappointed with a draw againt Westham which could have swung the WestHam way many a times . Liverpool still ahead by one point and ManU behind by 5 points and one game less 😦
PS: Scholari better remind Mr.Anderson Luis de Souza aka Deco about his transfer amount.
Liverpool held by Hull in a heck of a match where both teams attacked so much that it was a pleasure to watch . And Sunderland after the exit of Roby Keane , WINS ; that too 4 -0 . Arsenal held by midd’ough
Middlesbrough 1 – 1 Arsenal
Aston Villa 4 – 2 Bolton
Wigan 3 – 0 Blackburn
Sunderland 4 – 0 West Brom
Stoke 0 – 0 Fulham
Man City 0 – 1 Everton
Liverpool 2 – 2 Hull
Pretty 🙂 ..Blues need a win to get on top
Update : Manchester United fails to Score against Spurs 🙂 .. 0-0 ..Blues ..we need a win ‘morrow